What to Expect at Five Pins
Before you come in:
If you plan on using insurance, please fill out and send your practitioner the Insurance Information Form at least 48 hours before your treatment.
Make sure to have a little bite to eat before you come for your treatment. You don’t need to be super full, but it’s not a good idea to get a treatment on an empty stomach.
Please refrain from wearing scents or perfumes, as some patients are sensitive to scents.
Once you get here:
- Expect to be in the office for approximately an hour.
- We’ll have a chat about your health, past and present.
- We’ll check your pulse and take a look at your tongue to help form a diagnosis and treatment plan.
- We’ll gently insert hairthin, single use, sterile needles to regulate your body’s vital energy, or Qi.
- You may feel a small prick when the needle is inserted. You may also feel a heaviness, or a gathering sensation near the needle. If you are uncomfortable, or if something is painful, please let your practitioner know.
- The needles will stay in for about 30 minutes, during which time most people fall asleep or meditate.
- Your treatment may also include massage or cupping, if necessary.
After you leave:
- Generally people feel relaxed after an acupuncture treatment.
- It’s not recommended to drink alcohol or engage in rigorous physical activity right after a treatment.
- If you have any questions or concerns, or if anything comes up for you after your treatment, please contact your practitioner.